Monday, November 21, 2011

Handprint Turkeys & a Thankful Jar

Today we made a thankful jar. We started by using brown acrylic paint to make a handprint on an empty pickle jar. 


Once that was dry, I painted some glue over the fingers, which we then covered with feathers. I thought Abe would be able to help glue the feathers on. This was his idea of helping...


Instead I had him fingerpaint the handprints we made on white paper, while I finished working on the turkey jar.


His abstract turkeys were so cute, and this is how our thankful jar turned out... 


I used a small brush to add the beak, eyes, and feet, and a little fingerprint for the waddle. 


It'll be fun to fill it with everything we're thankful for this Thanksgiving.


Of course, our little turkey is at the top of the list!

2 comments: